Jeremy Honsowetz is a licensed mental health counselor providing individual and group therapy to adults, and maintains a private practice in Vancouver, Washington.
With over 9 years experience as an individual therapist, and as a graduate of George Fox University specializing in clinical psychology, he is currently serving as private practitioner working with a broad spectrum of clients. Among his areas of expertise are mood disorders and anxiety disorders, as well as PTSD, OCD, and skills training.
In addition to being a prominent individual therapist, Jeremy Honsowetz has served in a leadership role at Columbia River Mental Health Services in Vancouver, Washington. Having managed the Program for Assertive Community Treatment (PACT), Mr. Honsowetz also served as Team Lead for the Adult Outpatient Program (AOP). This role involved providing individual therapy and case management services for adults in addition to group treatment and both group and individual clinical supervision for other therapists.
Jeremy Honsowetz is an interactive, Cognitive-Behavioral therapist. His therapeutic approach is to provide support and practical feedback to help clients effectively address personal life challenges. He integrates complementary methodologies and techniques to offer a highly personalized approach tailored to each client. With compassion and understanding, he works with each individual to help them build on their strengths and attain the personal growth they are committed to accomplishing.
Mr. Honsowetz is an honorably discharged veteran and has served two tours of service in Iraq. As an Operation Iraqi Freedom (OIF) combat veteran, Mr. Honsowetz has received numerous awards including the combat action badge. Mr. Honsowetz has also served as a Reserve Police Officer, having graduated a Basic Reserve Police Officer Academy.
Education & Credentials
- George Fox University – M.A. in Clinical Psychology – 2002
- Washington State University – B.S. in Psychology – 2000
- Clark Community College – A.A. in General Studies – 1998
- Clark County Sheriff’s Reserve Officer Academy – 1997
License, Certifications & Awards
- LMHC – Licensed Mental Health Counselor
- Telemental Health Certified
- Certified Level I TEAM therapist
- Certified Professional in Dialectical Behavior Therapy (C-DBT)
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (CCTP)
- Mr. Honsowetz continues to exceed the minimum continuing education requirements of his profession and has completed training in Motivational Interviewing (MI), Seeking Safety, trauma, PTSD, CBT and TEAM therapy, Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT), suicide prevention and assessment, DSM and assessment, telemental health, and numerous others.
Professional Activities and Memberships
- American Counseling Association (ACA) member since 2016
- Washington Mental Health Counselors Association (WMHCA) member since 2016
- The Feeling Good Institute member since 2015